05.03.2008 | 00:00
IX International Television Contest of Young Musicians
The Contest is organized for young musicians born after November 10, 1994.
There will be the following sections:
• strings (violin, violoncello and harp)
• the brass (except for recorder) and percussion
To subscribe for participation one should submit the following:
• application form that should be delivered not later than by August 15, 2008 (dowload);
• brief CV reflecting participation in other contests (complete name of the contest, year, place and the result) and additional information, like hobbies and the most remarkable events in the contestant's life;
• performance program for the three Rounds of the Contest (IMPORTANT: please indicate the complete name of the author, title and duration of the compositions). The duration of performance for the first and the second Rounds should not exceed 7 minutes and whereas for the third Round it is admissible to perform compositions that are not longer than 10 minutes. During the first Round there should be performed two different style compositions - cantilena and show piece. In the third Round the contestants are accompanied by a chamber orchestra. Duration of each composition to be performed shall be indicated;
• 1 photo (color, 9 x 13 cm or 10 x 15 cm);
• copy of the Birth Certificate, certified either by a Notary Public or by the educational institution;
• VHS/DVD record of the contestant's performance (15 to 30 minutes).
123995, Russia, Moscow, Malaya Nikitskaya Street 24
KULTURA TV CHANNEL, Music Programming Department,
The Nutcracker Contest.
Tel: (+7-495) 780 56 61, tel/fax: (+7495) 780 56 80.
The materials provided are not subject to return.
The contestants (48 persons in total: 16 in each field) are chosen by the Selection Board upon consideration of the records received. Notices to the contestants will be sent after September 20, 2008.