08.12.2015 | 15:02
Winners of the 16th 'Nutcracker' Contest
The Final Round of the 16th International Television Contest for Young Musicians 'Nutcracker' took place on 7 December at the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall. The winners are announced:
1. Zhu Leia (9, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom) – ‘Gold Nutcracker’
2. Kawai Eugene (12, Tokyo, Japan) – ‘Silver Nutcracker’
3. Kollert Eduard (13, Prague, Czech Republic) – ‘Bronze Nutcracker’
'Wind & Percussion Instruments':
1. Yakhnov Timofei (11, Saint-Petersburg) – ‘Gold Nutcracker’
2. Ryazantsev Andrei (13, Moscow) – ‘Silver Nutcracker’
3. Petukhov Mikhail (12, Moscow) – ‘Bronze Nutcracker’
The prizes are provided by the strategic partner of the Contest, International Charitable Fund 'Constantine'.
Russia-Kultura Editor-in-Chief Sergei Shumakov presented the Audience Choice Award of the Contest to Varvara Kutuzova, who has scored the majority of sms-votes from the viewers. The jewel prize was provided by the jewellery house ‘Mikhailov Gallery’.
The ‘Musical Olympus’ foundation provided a special prize: grant for further music education (master class in New York) or purchase of a musical instrument. Eventually the prize was split in two for Varvara Kutuzova and Daniil Bessonov.
Special prize from ‘Yamaha Music’ (certificate for purchase of Silent Piano JX113) was awarded to Nikolai Varlamov.
Afanasii Stupakov-Konev received a prize from an old friend and partner of the contest, violin house ‘Scroll Fine Instruments’ – he was awarded a 100-year old bow (made by Albert Schuster, Germany).